Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Gov. Brown, CDFA chief visit farm show




In the photos, from the top: Gov. Jerry Brown talks to an attendee of this morning's Colusa Farm Show breakfast, where he spoke; Brown talks with California Department of Food and Agriculture secretary Karen Ross; and Ross talks with Colusa fairgrounds CEO Susan Clark.

I continue to be impressed with how real and down-to-earth Governor Brown is when compared to his silly action-figure predecessor. I mean, what other governor would make a fart joke? I was able to introduce myself when he was making his rounds in the room and told him we had met before when I was with the Searchlight. I really didn't get a chance to ask him questions.

I was able to interview Karen Ross, who was very cordial in giving me all the time I needed and was armed with lots of information, as people named Ross often are.

My story from today is here. For the AP's version, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment