Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A little blog housekeeping

Because of spammers and trolls (mostly the former), I have reluctantly taken the unfortunate step of requiring that comments to this blog be approved prior to publication, at least for the foreseeable future. For those of you who comment on my posts on Facebook, that function will obviously not be affected.

I've always maintained a fairly open-door policy in terms of comments on my blogs, and I will receive an immediate e-mail notification that a comment is pending and will do my best to respond to it quickly. Your comments are welcome. But please keep in mind there are certain things I can't or won't publish, including unsubstantiated personal attacks against people of whom I write. Call me a ruthless SOB all you wish, but that courtesy does not extend to private-citizen sources who don't have the platform to defend themselves.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you very much for coming to my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment