Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Avocados score a Super Bowl touchdown

From the California Farm Bureau Federation:
Supermarkets across the country will be promoting avocados this weekend to supply Super Bowl fans with the ingredients for fresh guacamole. The California Avocado Commission says that more than 71 million pounds of avocados will be shipped during the two-and-a-half-week period surrounding the Super Bowl. The commission added that while California avocados are available virtually year-round, the bulk of the state's crop is shipped between April and September. The biggest spikes in demand for avocados coincide with Cinco de Mayo and the Fourth of July.
Here is my Super Bowl snacking story from last year.

Honestly, I'm not sure what my plans are for the Super Bowl, or if I even have any. It's frustrating enough to wade through all the pop-culture baloney to watch teams that I care about, and I could care less about the Giants and Patriots. I think I can identify with a Facebook friend who plans on going fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment